Go island-hopping in Thailand and experience some of the best snorkelling in the world. Enjoy a week aboard our sailing catamaran and discover what makes Thailand special. With an experienced captain navigating the southern islands, you’ll drop anchor at highlights and secret spots perfect for a swim. Work up an appetite snorkelling, dine on Thai cuisine, and sleep moored under the stars. This trip is perfect on its own or as an add-on with our other Thai adventures..
Perfect for those looking to experience the region’s natural marvels alongside some adventure and leisure time for self exploration and yes definitely to inhale some of the many local cuisines and cultures.
Start/Finish City: Phuket to Phuket
Service Level: Standard (Comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport)
Physical Grading: 3 – Average (Some light kayaking in addition to walking, but accessible to most healthy travellers)
Travel Style: Marine (Small-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.)
- Relax on the deck of the catamaran in the stunning southern Thai islands
- Eat delicious Thai cuisine
- Lounge out on beautiful beaches
- Swim and snorkel in quiet bays
A 25m (82 ft) sailing catamaran complete with 8 passenger cabins, an onboard kitchenette, interior and exterior common areas, and plenty of outside deck space.
Please note that this is a sailing catamaran, and the skipper will be using wind power when the winds are agreeable. Although this is not a learn to sail program, you may have a chance to learn a few tricks of the trade and assist the skipper with navigation while sailing. There are times when motoring the catamaran will be required, due to unfavourable wind conditions. Perfect for those who would just love to kick back and relax!
The catamaran is equipped with a total of 8 passenger cabins. Two deluxe double cabins are located on the main deck offering panoramic views, a slightly larger bathroom, and they are more easily accessed without the use of steep stairs. There are six standard twin cabins below deck, accessed by steep stairs. All standard cabins feature port hole windows, and some are convertible to doubles subject to availability – please enquire when booking. For your added comfort all cabins feature air-conditioning and private en suite bathrooms. Power onboard is 220V on European 2 pin sockets. Please note that this is not suitable for sleeping aid machines, as the power source may not always be operating. Bringing a battery pack is recommended.
- Day 1 23rd Nov 2019 Phuket/Phang Nga Bay Meet in Phuket in the early afternoon. Enjoy sailing and stopping for a swim before an overnight stay in a remote location. Meals included: Dinner
- Day 2 24th Nov 2019 Phang Nga Bay/Railay Beach Visit Khao Phing Kan – popularly known as “James Bond Island.” Afterwards, set sail for idyllic Railay Beach. Enjoy free time and opt for dinner in Railay. Meals included: Breakfast | Lunch
- Day 3 25th Nov 2019 Railay Beach/Koh Haa Depart for Koh Haa, part of a national park, early in the morning and enjoy time in this pristine location. Meals included: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Day 4 26th Nov 2019 Koh Haa/Koh Phi Phi Set sail, go snorkelling at Monkey Bay, and check out its world-famous cliffs. Meet your new crew in Koh Phi Phi in the early afternoon. Enjoy sailing and stopping for a swim before an overnight stay in a remote location. Meals included: Breakfast | Dinner
- Day 5 27th Nov 2019 Koh Phi Phi/Koh Raja Noi After a visit to iconic Maya Bay, sail to the remote island of Raja Noi and enjoy time for snorkelling amongst stunning marine life, kayaking, or swimming. Relax with a lunch break on the picturesque beach. Meals included: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Day 6 28th Nov 2019 Koh Raja Noi/Koh Yao Yai Sail to the island of Koh Yao Yai. Opt to enjoy a group dinner on the island. Meals included: Breakfast | Lunch
- Day 7 29th Nov 2019 Koh Yao Yai/Phuket Sail into the harbour just before lunch. The tour ends on arrival. Meals included: Breakfast
Please Note: While it is our intention to adhere to the route described below, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us.
- Exclusive Sailing experience on some of the remote Andaman islands.
- Local Sightseeing visits (Railay Beach, Krabi Islands, Koh Phi Phi Don, Koh Yao Yai, Koh Khai Na & southern Phuket islands)
- Exclusive Guided kayaking and and snorkelling equipments
- Snorkelling experience in Monkey Bay.
- Self Exploration time in Phuket, Thailand.
- Onboard Thai Cuisines along with cooking experience
- Catamaran Sailing experience (At Skipper Discretion)
- 6N AC Cabin Accommodation (On Sharing Basis)
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners), Drinking Water
- Exclusive Tour Manager, Local Guides & Support Team Charges & Expenses
- Flights & Visa Charges from Home Location to Phuket Marina
- Meals unless specified in the itinerary
- Porter, guide etc tips
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions
There is limited space on the yachts. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack. A good size daypack is also essential
PLEASE NOTE: No hard suitcases are permitted. A daypack is also essential for carrying everyday items. Space is limited on transportation, so there is a limit of one main piece of luggage per person. You will be responsible for carrying your own luggage. All other relevant clothing and other details will be provided upon confirmation.
General things to carry:
Pack liners to waterproof bags, Rain gear, Sleeping bag (Also available for rent)
Thermal base layer, Travel pillow, Drybag (Will help keep cameras and essentials dry), Sport Sandals or Water Shoes, Waterproof hiking boots, Sandals/flip-flops, Sun hat/bandana, Swimwear.
- The iTravel Group is a registered trademark of M/s RAV Travels LLP and all payments will be in favour of M/s RAV Travels LLP.
- Complete payments will be required towards confirmation and verbal confirmation will not be considered towards booking the seats.
- If arriving into Phuket by air, you can take a taxi from the airport for approximately 600 Thai Bhat. Meeting Time/Point would be would be provided upon confirmation.
- Laundry facilities are not available on the boat. You may want to or have to do your own laundry so we suggest you bring non-polluting/biodegradable soap.
- The currency in Costa Rica is the Colon (CRC). Credit cards and debit cards are very useful for cash advances. Visa cards are the most widely accepted cards. While ATMs are widely available, there are no guarantees that your credit or debit cards will actually work in Latin America. Check with your bank. You should be aware that to purchase products or services on a credit card a fee of 5%-10% usually applies.
- All countries require a valid passport (with a minimum 6 months validity). Contact your local embassy, or consulate for the most up-to-date visa requirements, or see your travel agent. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE THE CORRECT TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION.
- It is customary in Asia to tip service providers such as waiters, at approximately 10%, depending on the service. Tipping is expected – though not compulsory – and shows an expression of satisfaction with the people who have assisted you on your tour. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels. The amount is entirely a personal preference, however as a guideline $10-15 USD per person, per day can be used.
- Please note that space is very, very limited on the boat and especially in your cabin. It is important that you only take on board soft sided luggage such as a mid sized backpack or soft duffel bag, keeping your bag’s weight to less than 15kgs. Suitcases are not appropriate for our Thai sailing adventure as they are not pliable enough to fit into the niches available for luggage.
- Fresh water is very limited on board, and as such we ask for your understanding that showers are limited to one quick shower per person a day.One towel per week is provided for showering purposes – please bring a beach towel. Drinking water is provided free of charge on board the yacht.
- When packing be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Asia. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. Shorts should be knee-length.
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is compulsory in order to participate on any of our trips. When travelling on a group trip, you will not be permitted to join the group until evidence of travel insurance has been sighted by your Tour Leader, who will take note of your insurance details. When selecting a travel insurance policy please bear in mind that all clients must have medical coverage and that we require a minimum coverage of USD 200,000 for repatriation and emergency rescue. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. If you have credit card insurance we require proof of purchase of the trip (a receipt of credit card statement) with a credit card in your name. Contact your bank for details of their participating insurer, the level of coverage and emergency contact telephone number.
- Please also make sure you have access to at least an additional USD $250 (or equivalent) as an ’emergency’ fund, to be used when circumstances outside our control (ex. a natural disaster) require a change to our planned route. This is a rare occurrence! We suggest you bring along USD50 for additional sightseeing.
- Booking confirmation is subject to availability.
- Detailed Terms & Conditions, Experience prep kits would be provided upon confirmation.